NAE engine testing

Discussions pertaining to ingition systems

NAE engine testing

Postby f4dj79 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:30 am

Well we did it again, after rebuilding the electrical system we tried to run the enigne. When it would not light off, we did some troubleshooting and we discovered no sparks to one of the ignitors. Further troulbeshooting we found a missing screw off of a bus bar in the circuit breaker panel. With screw missing the contacter had backed away and was not making contact. After palcing the screw back in engine start was completed. Murphy strikes again! I just goes to show you if it can go wrong it will. By the way we got three more full (100% dry thrust) pulls. The original reason for the testing was to check out the generator and power system which also is now working, we have acouple of small nagging things to fix and should be ready of our next vehicle test runs to anounced later this year.
WB
f4dj79

Re: NAE engine testing

Postby j79guy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Sounds good Bill. Did you happen to record the CDP @ 100%? Depending on ambient conditions for the day, it should have been 130-140 psig.
I bet the old bird has straining at the chains.

Robin.
j79guy
Site Admin

Re: NAE engine testing

Postby f4dj79 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:28 am

Robin
I did not measure the CDP pressure. I had enough troubles getting the rest of the car working, the nice part, we tie off to the old pine tree and with all the rain here, after three hard pulls we started pulling the tree out of the ground. I think the engine is doing just fine, maybe a little sand blasted from desert sand.
WB
f4dj79

Return to Ignition