Good Turbine Website

Describe your job, where you work and the models of turbines you work on.

Good Turbine Website

Postby TillamookTurbine on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Robin:

Thanks for starting this BB. A good turbine website is Jack Mattingly's aircraft engine design. http://www.aircraftenginedesign.com/index.html . It has a good list of turbine engine specs and some good photos, also. It helps that he's an alum of my alma mater; University of Washingtion.

Terry Spath
TillamookTurbine

Re: Good Turbine Website

Postby TillamookTurbine on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:14 pm

One other thing about Mattingly. I was preparing an engineering proposal to the DOE on a small turbine project. I wanted to use Mattingly's turbine engine design software that was included in the back of his book which I had purchased. I contacted him for some assistance and he was very helpful and indeed sent me the latest version of his software.

Terry Spath
TillamookTurbine

Postby j79guy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Great to have you on board Terry. If you have any turbine stories, or information you would be willing to share, I'm sure there are lots of people who like to read about it. Thanks for the tips, I'll check them out.

Robin Sipe
j79guy
Site Admin

Postby f4dj79 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Howdee
This is Bill Eckberg from the North American Ealge LSR team. I am glad to see this site start up for those of us that love turbines. My hope is that enough of the turbine gear heads will input thier knowledge. There is plenty of websites for piston engines, it is about time the turbine engine got a site too.
Thanks Robin for getting this site going.
WB
f4dj79

Postby cowldoor on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi all this is Dave Selby, I have worked for the USAF as a jet mechanic for the last 26 years. I am also a member of the North American Eagle LSR team. I have experience on j85 series engines;J-79; PW-100/110/220; TF33; TF39; T56, and the F117. I also have extensive experience in APUs. I look forward to discussions on turbine engines and troubleshooting, and will help where I can.

Dave
:?
cowldoor

Postby j79guy on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Welcome aboard all. Don't be shy, please share any turbine stories that come to mind. It doesn't matter what engine, or the topic, let's get this site rolling and the discussions flowing!
Any quirky problem solved in the past, funny stories, ect.

Robin.
j79guy
Site Admin

Postby CyrusNZ on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Gidday All

This is Cyrus Taylor, I work for a small airline in New Zealand who operate 3 Convair 580's with D13H engines. We also have a Fairchild Metro 3 & a DC-3.
I spend most of my time working on our gearboxes and QEC's when line maintenance is quiet.
CyrusNZ

Postby j79guy on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:14 am

Welcome to this small community Cyrus. One of my colleagues just returned from NZ, working as pit crew for the jet boat races. His videos of the race stages as well as many others can be found on youtube, if you search for "AgentJayZ channel"
Post any questions you might have on your turbine units and we will try to answer them. If you have any pictures, stories or other information, please feel free to share.

Robin Sipe.
j79guy
Site Admin

Return to Your Job