Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/gasturbi/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 483
gas-turbines.ca • View topic - Logo picture.

Logo picture.

-11, -14 Discussion

Logo picture.

Postby j79guy on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Close up of the engine logo on the top auxiliary drive. -14 Sabre engine.
This is the plate that commonly gets stolen. (I had a casting run of thirty (30) made up, so if anyone wants one, let me know.)
If you're Canadian, make a good print of, and hang on your garage wall.

Robin.

[img]
Orenda%20Nameplate.JPG
[/img]
Attachments
Orenda Nameplate.JPG
Orenda Nameplate.JPG (114.6 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
j79guy
Site Admin

Re: Logo picture.

Postby Hawkeye on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Great pic, I have one as well (aquired through reputable means, I assure you :) ) Was lucky enough to pick it up off ebay a month or so back for a reasonable price. Just out of curiousity, what is your selling price for the castings, and are they painted?
Also on another side note, I'm looking for an Orenda data-plate, similar to the one pictured below

I already have a NOS overhaul date plate that would sit beside it on the engine, as well as the aforementioned cast "logo" piece that sits on the front, so this would just be to complete the set. If you could point me in the direction of one it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hawkeye

Postby j79guy on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Hawkeye:

The plate you can have for shipping. They are unpainted and undrilled, so you can use your imagination with them. I just paint with a black enamel, and sand the raised parts of paint after drying.
Give me your address & shipping account number, and I'll send one.
The data plates, I don't have any that aren't already stamped. If the demand was there, I'm sure I could get some made. Have you tried Brad Martin at Magellan Aerospace?

Robin.

p.s., Hawkeye, as in Hawk One? If so, send me a PM.
j79guy
Site Admin

Postby Hawkeye on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:09 pm

Thats very kind of you Robin, I'll send you a pm with my shipping address and paypal account address. As for the dataplates, stamped or unstamped makes no difference to me, as I have no engine to install a new, unstamped plate onto. ;) I'm just an Avro Canada/Orenda nut whos trying to fill a hole in his small collection. Could I perhaps persuade you to part with one? If not I understand. To your query, I'm sorry to say that I'm not involved with Vintage Wings of Canada and Hawk One, the name just refers to a favourite character from MASH.
Hawkeye

Return to Flight