Welcome Everyone

Everyone read this first.

Welcome Everyone

Postby j79guy on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:45 pm

When was the last time you saw a technical forum dedicated to you, the turbine technican? For far too long, turbine techs have been overlooked, underpaid and generally kept compartmentalized. No longer, this forum is for you.

First of all, what this forum is, and hopes to be:
- It is to be a frank, open discussion of the issues pertaining to the hands-on technicans who daily keep turbine engines running, be they gas pumpers, electrical generation units or on-wing applications.
- As this site gains momentum, it will become a stronger voice for the technicians, as unified we can change industry. It is my hope that when the number of subsrcibers reaches "critical mass", it will take on a life of it's own and grow accordingly.
- A medium where industrial and marine turbine techs can break from the yoke of the OEM and discuss openly amongst ourselves techniques, methods and parts sources that lead to improved reliability and profitability of the engines we are responsible for. (Unfortunately, our commercial flight cousins must conform here to FAA/DOT requirements, which are firmly in the grip of the OEMs, despite the availability of improved parts and techniques, outside the OEM manuals.)

What this forum is not, and will not become:
- A sales/propaganda tool for the OEM's. This is not to say that OEM representatives are not welcome, because they certainly are. However contributions by the OEM will be closely monitored for tone of discussion, and fothering of misinformation.
- An engineering forum. Again, all engineers are welcome, but the focus of the various fora here are towards the hands-on techs, or the engineers who directly have to troubleshoot turbine units

So welcome all, I truly hope that everyone who works, or worked in the turbine industry finds something here of value here. For those of you who have knowledge or experiences you wish to share, by all means, please post them here, as we can all benefit from your knowledge. Collectively, we will all be better for it, and perhaps a bit smarter too.

Enjoy,

Robin Sipe
j79guy
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Everyone

Postby j79guy on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:40 am

I have been flooded with spam requests to join this forum, and I have disabled new registrations. If you like what you see and read here, send me an e-mail, and I will enable new registrations specifically for you, and for a certain time period. Sorry for things being this way, but I do not have the time to sort through 20 spam requests for membership per day, every day. If your request is legitimate, I will open the site for your registration, and then close it back down.
(rsipe at bluenova dot ca)
Best to all,

Robin Sipe.
j79guy
Site Admin

Return to Opening Statement